Re: [Healeys] Gearbox / OD identification

To: bluechip <bluechipracing@snet.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gearbox / OD identification
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:10:42 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Jim;  Perhaps this table from a Laycock paper will help.
  --Scott Morris, Simcoe, Ontario, Canada;  '60 MkI BN7, '62 MkII BT7

  Laycock de Normanville Overdrives  A-Type
            Unit
  Type
    Ratio
    Serial No.
    Model
    Year
    Hydraulic Pressure
  P.S.I.
    Notes
    SN 28
    1292
    Austin Healey 100-4

    420  440

    SN 28
    1447
    Austin Healey 100-6

    470  490

    SN 22
    3009
    Austin Healey 3000

    470  490

    SN 22
    3087
    Austin Healey 3000

    470  490

  REF:
  L  Laycock Overdrive - Section 1: Working Principles, Maintenance and Fault
Finding , Laycock Engineering Ltd, Undated

bluechip <bluechipracing@snet.net> wrote:
  I have a sideshift gearbox /overdrive assembly I am trying to identify. the
gearbox number is 10771, the OD is 22/3009/005148. It has the long shifter with
the two bends, so I think it might be from an early 3000 mkII. None of my
reference books delineate the gearbox or OD numbers with respect to car model
or year. Any help would be appreciated.    Jim Smith    East Hampton, CT

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives