Re: [Healeys] Trafficator question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Stephen Hutchings"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trafficator question
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:47:23 -0400
Steve,

I've just been studying an assembly here in the shop. For the cam to work
the triggers and yet still be hitting the control lever, either the cam
plate surface is badly bent or more likely one or more of the 4 little tabs
on the base of the short stator tube end flange that are peened over during
factory assembly may have come loose enough, or broken to allow the whole
sandwiched plate assembly to go out of alignment.
Normally the crest of the cam plate would have about 3/32" clearance around
the entire diameter, but positively contact and push the triggers to cause a
cancel.

Rich Chrysler