Re: [Healeys] Restoring Bakelite

To: glemon@neb.rr.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Restoring Bakelite
From: dracmarine@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:22:53 -0400
There was a person at Pebble Beach Concours this year in the first tent that
you enter to the show?who repaired Healey steering wheels among others.? I
recall he said something like $900.? I have two of them, both cracked, so I
went and bought a Tourist wood wheel from Moss. When I asked about repairing
the wheel on my 66 SL Bagoda Benz, he said don't bother, get a new one from
Mercedes, around $200.

First time I ever heard of a German car anything being cheaper than a Brit
car...

Richard of KY/CA
BN7 440