Re: [Healeys] Spin-on oil filter adapter

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>, Austin Healey
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Spin-on oil filter adapter
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:24:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jack,
   I should have asked "If I bought a spin-on adapter will I have to throw it
away when I install an oil cooler?" From your response it sounds like two
separate pieces and I can do the spin-on conversion now and add the oil cooler
later and not have to dispose of the spin-on adapter.
  Please let me know if I that is correct.
  Thanks
  Jorge Garcia

"Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com> wrote:
  Hi Jorge, I don't think you want to do that. I have a Smitty spin-on
adapter and a Smitty oil cooler adapter that is sandwiched between the
block and the spin-on piece. If I were to plug the oil hose ports, then
that would stop all oil flow. My oil cooler piece diverts flow before
the inlet side of the filter, routes it thru the oil cooler radiator
hose first, then into back thru the other hose to the filter. Maybe
there are others out there...???
Jack