Re: [Healeys] Padded dash top

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Padded dash top
From: "Greg Wilkinson" <gregwilkinson@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 05:33:14 -0700
Hi Alan,
I guess if you wanted to steam the plywood you could go that route, but 1/8"
plywood doesn't really need it. It will conform to the piece of wood that
has the half round foam padding attached to it. The hard part of making the
dashpad is the compound curve of that wood piece. It curves down and back to
the rear of the car as it gets closer to the doors. You could steam that
piece but I just cut it out of a large plank of wood with a saber saw. Heck
of a lot cheaper than the $240 Moss quotes for the BJ8 dash and kind of a
fun project if that's your thing. I designed LED courtesy lights into mine.

Cheers,
Greg