Re: [Healeys] BJ7 rear disc conversion

To: "Noel Standfast" <hstandfa@iinet.net.au>, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ7 rear disc conversion
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 07:18:52 +0800
Noel -

You are better off bypassing the XJ6 hand brake lever connection on
the manual caliper and running a straight rod from the healey balance
lever to the caliper's lever - you'll have to drill a hole in the
caliper's lever on the flat portion of the lever for the connection..

If you use the XJ6's connection you won't have enough lever pressure
to lock up the hand brake because the XJ6 lever is designed to work
with a much longer balance lever than the healey balance lever.

Good luck -

Alan