Re: [Healeys] radiator hose leak while on a western adventure

To: <NPaul72464@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] radiator hose leak while on a western adventure
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 17:33:01 -0500
As you may know the cap allows the radiator to pressurize, raising the
boiling point, boiling water doesn't do its cooling job as well.  With the
cap off it should leak less, don't think the hose will burst or anything
with or without the  duct tape.

So if the car it running pretty cool, say below 200 or so, and the you are
not going to be driving in too hot a temperature I would think you should be
in pretty good shape even with a small leak, I drove home from Kansas City,
about 200 miles with a small but not tiny leak, it looked like a decent
amount of coolant was coming out, but when I checked the level it had not
gone down much.

Carry a gallon or two of distilled water and or 50/50 antifreeze and you
should be in good shape.

Greg Lemon
54 Bn1