Re: [Healeys] ground wire behind dash

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] ground wire behind dash
From: <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 7:03:08 -0400
Hi, Bill -
The black wires from the harness behind the dash all have ring terminals that
are supposed to be secured to a post of each gauge.  Since the dash is wood and
something of an insulator,  each gauge has to have its own ground wire.
Components like panel lights have only one (white/red) wire going into the back
of the light for power.  These items pick up their ground from the metal gauge
case, once the case itself is grounded with a black wire.
All black wires are ground, and theoretically all are connected together.  The
cable from the battery establishes ground with the chassis, and the black wire
under the voltage regulator connects all the other black wires to the chassis.

Happy Healeying!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry