[Healeys] custom duties

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] custom duties
From: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:03:04 -0700
over ten years ago when i rebuilt my trans i sent the laygear to ahspares to
have a new gear put on.  for some reason it ended up in san diego and customs
wanted about 60 bucks or so duty on the whole laygear.  i fought with them
stating that it was my old laygear which had been repaired.  after much
haggling they finally shipped the part to me, but i still had an extra 10 buck
or so postage from san diego to vancouver, wa.  that cured me from buying from
the uk.   healeymanjim