Re: [Healeys] factory numbers, etc.

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] factory numbers, etc.
From: George Haywood <haywoodone@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:39:05 -0400
Jim,

I can say with reasonable certainty that the factory painted the engine,
tranny/OD, and generator with a color that had a blue hue to it.  It may have
been what was called green but it was quite blue as compared to the Moss cans
that we generally use on our restored engines, etc.  The car I purchased ('65
bj8) was an unmolested one owner car and the engine color was this bluish that
I am speaking of.  I switched to an alternator so my generator still has the
original color if anyone needs verification.

Take care,
George

> From: healeymanjim@hansencc.net> To: healeys@autox.team.net> Date: Fri, 19
Oct 2007 21:11:28 -0700> Subject: [Healeys] factory numbers, etc.> > does
anyone know for certain whether the factory ever painted the>
engine/transmission/od a blue color, and if not, why would a restoration shop>
haywoodone@hotmail.com > > Healeys@autox.team.net>