[Healeys] Subject: Re: FW: Computer Virus - CNN confirms and Snopes

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Subject: Re: FW: Computer Virus - CNN confirms and Snopes
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:37:50 -0700
On the discussion of Virus Software, I was using a previous version of
Computer Associates EZ-Trust Anti-Virus for quite a few years with no
problems. Upgraded to their Internet Security Suite '06 and had major
slow downs on three computers. Tried the fixes that their customer
support provided but the software was still a resource hog. Got a refund
and have been using AVG free for virus protection, XoftSpySE for
anti-spyware (not free) and Windows Firewall (included with XP/Vista). I
also use a program called The Ultimate Troubleshooter (TUT) which lets
you see and control Tasks, Services, Startups and System info and
provides technical information on each item so you can decide what to
leave on or turn off. This really helps with start up speed and keeps as
much RAM and CPU free for actual computing instead of keeping other
programs 'idling' in the background. I paid for this program too but I
think there are some similar programs out there that are free.

Cheers,
John