Re: [Healeys] paint color for fan shroud and water bottle bracket

To: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>, <wilko2@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] paint color for fan shroud and water bottle bracket
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:19:09 -0400
Hi Bill,

I know we've flogged this thing far too long, but for those of us who look
at this list every day and try to help where we can, I can assure you there
are some questions that pop up about every 3 or 4 weeks. Thank goodness we
have an archive or I'm sure we'd be wading through these common questions a
lot more than we do now.
As for answering the rad shroud paint colour, "Chinese Red" may be different
depending on brand of paint and regional availability. Here in Canada we
have a brand of paint called "Tremclad" and I use their Chinese Red. Close
enough, and I'm a Concours judge.
As for the washer bottle bracket for BJ8's I use a Walmart paint called
"Just Enough" in the color "Blue Planet" in a small shaker can. Again, I've
heard feedback from others stating they can't find that in their regional
stores.

Rich Chrysler