Re: [Healeys] Painting and fitting body panels

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Painting and fitting body panels
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:15:17 -0800
Like Rich, we decided to paint all the body panels off the car, inside
and out and re-assembly carefully to the painted chassis.
However, a major difference was that I then assembled all the mechanical
parts after all the painting was done. Some of this was
dictated by the schedule of the body shop and motor assembly but a
concern was the wet sanding/buffing which could stain and dust damage
the wiring harness/air ducts/etc. I've always wondered what people do to
protect from potential wet sanding and buffing residue on an assembled
car like the Healey that is not very water-tight? We had a lot of
cleaning up to do on the frame/chassis after this step.

Cheers,
John