Re: [Healeys] Battery Chemistry

To: JACK NEWTON <jmnewt@comcast.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Battery Chemistry
From: Norman Nock <sjnnock@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 19:36:24 -0800 (PST)
Jack ... lf your battery is old the generator is
trying to fully charge the battery and it can't , so
it's gassing to much ... replace your batteries

li your generator  out-put is too high this will cause
the battery to gas ... check you open voltage circuit
...15.8 to 16.4 volts

more info on page 96 and see index under Lucas
regulator in my Tech Talk book
   Norman Nock