Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 1, Issue 302

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 1, Issue 302
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:01:22 EST
In a message dated 11/12/07 11:01:50 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> Hi to the many of you that own late Minis.  I have an opportunity to buy
> a 2006 S with just barely 10,000 miles from a lady in my building.  It
> has moon/sun/whatever roof option and all the other bells and whistles,
> 6-speed automatic with the steering wheel paddles.  Tires still look
> fine.  I drove this car when she bought it new and What A Great Ride it
> was!!  Anyway, she's asking $22.5k.  Is this too much money, just about
> right, or what??

That sounds pretty good to me; the auto box isn't quite as desirable as the
stick shift, but won't diminish the handling pleasure available with any MINI,
and won't change your performance very much. Good advice to check the
inventories of used MINIs at the dealers to get a good idea of value.
Cheers
Gary Anderson
Editor-at-Large, MC2 MINI magazine