Re: [Healeys] Engine Install

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine Install
From: Ken Wignall <ourxke@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:58:59 -0500
A friend is doing an engine rebuild on his BJ8 right now. He removed the
passenger seat, the transmission tunnel and raised the emergency brake handle
straight up by removing the pin from the brake cable. Unbolting the trans from
the block, he lifted it up and swung it over and out the passenger door. He
removed the carbs, generator and distributor from the block and hoisted it
right out. He will reassemble the reverse to this. Very easy and clean removal
of the block , or just the transmission, with this technique, especially with
the shroud on the car.> Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 10:31:13 -0800> From:
rrengineer@dslextreme.com> To: legal_bill@verizon.net> CC:
healeys@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine Install> > That's just
about what I thought, but what about the transmission? > Attached or put the
tranny in first, then the engine?> Mike> And by the way Bill, I'm originally
from Attleboro, not too far from you. > I live in San Bernardino, CA now.> > >
legal_bill@verizon.net> > Oil pan, block with water pump installed and
cylinder head. I leave the> > valve cover off. I bolt on all other stuff
after. Some do the water pump> > after also. I want as few items on as
possible as I swing the engine in.> > With the shroud off the car, it will be
very easy to bolt on everything> > else.> >> > From:
rrengineer@dslextreme.com> > Date: 2007/11/16 Fri PM 10:24:47 CST> > To:
healeys@autox.team.net> > Subject: [Healeys] Engine Install> >> > I am getting
close to getting my BN2 body back from the painter. I was> > wondering what do
you install on the engine and what is best installed> > after it is in such as
generator, exhaust, etc. Oh yes, the front shroud> > will be off the car of
course.> >> > Mike MacLean> > 56 BN2> > 60 AN5> >