Re: [Healeys] valve stem seals

To: JNBrashear@garverengineers.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] valve stem seals
From: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:23:46 +0000
After nearly going blind searching Google for valve guide seals I finally
found a great information source on the topic at MGAguru.com. It's written
by Barney Gaylord and is targetted toward MG owners, but the information
applies to Healeys as well (the exploded drawing looks a lot like the one in
the 100 manual.) In most cases the valve guides need to be machined to
accept the seal, so doing it in-situ may not be possible.

Brand names and sources you can look for are: Pioneer Inc. (RPM Machine),
Simrit, Crane, Manley, Fel-Pro and 440 source. They provide a wide range of
seals and I think I saw some that may not require the guides to be cut, but
those may not fit inside the inner spring.

Good luck.

Bill Lawrence