Re: [Healeys] Mechanic/Starting Problems

To: Edward Keuer <edwjkeuer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mechanic/Starting Problems
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 09:59:26 -0800
Edward (part deux):

Sounds like you have one carburettor running very rich--did you attend
to that?

If that's the case, this might allow the engine to start--with the more
open throttle you established--even if the chokes are still not set up
correctly.  Have someone pull the choke slowly whilst you watch--the
first part of the choke pull should open the throttle as you describe,
but the second half should raise a lever near the bottom of the float
bowl, which pivots to push down the jet diaphragm and thus lower the jet.

bs