[Healeys] Wing to shroud anti corrosion treatment

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Wing to shroud anti corrosion treatment
From: healeybn7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 17:10:48 -0500
When assembling the rear shroud and rear wings onto the chassis, should there
be an anti corrosion strip (as sold by AH Spares for example) between both the
wing and the shroud, and between the shroud and the inner fender/quarter
panel?? Both contact areas are aluminium on steel, I think.? Seems logical then
that both contact areas?should be isolated.? Which - could make assembly tricky
because the isolation strips are a tar like material that will not allow much
wiggle room for panel?adjustment once applied.??
I have also read here and there recently that a good heavy coat of paint might
be sufficient to isolate from galvanic corrosion.? Maybe that depends - on how
many years we are talking about.? 10 or 50 ......

Thanks for any thoughts.

Dave