[Healeys] Aluminum cockpit moulding - BT7

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Aluminum cockpit moulding - BT7
From: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:17:43 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my question about the fastener used for
the front-most (closest to the door) securing point for the aluminum
moulding. Curiously, this mystery is not solved, as about half of the
respondents indicated that a machine screw and nut were to be used (I
heard a couple of creative approaches to placing the nut behind the
shroud lip), while the other half said that a self-tapping screw is
used at this connection point.

I am going to try the self-tapping screw first - it is just so much
easier, and I will see how it works.

So, no definitive answer. I just wonder what an original, unrestored
or untampered-with car uses at this location. Enquiring minds want to
know?

Thanks again to all who responded.

Lin
1960 BT7 in restoration