Re: [Healeys] Michelin 175R15 tires and splash panels

To: Daniel and Diane White <dwhite4949@wowway.com>, Healey list
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Michelin 175R15 tires and splash panels
From: Rick Swain <rjswain@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:35:50 +0000
Dan

I had Michelin 175R15 tires on my BN4 and they did foul the splash guards. I
now have Vredestein Sprint 165R15s and they also hit the splash guards. In
both cases this only happens when the wheels are on full lock for example when
turning to park the car. It doesn't happen on the road because I never turn
the wheels that far. It has taken the paint off small areas on the splash
guards. When I first got the car there were no lower splash guard brackets and
I didn't notice any rubbing. Installation of those brackets pushed the lower
end of the splash guards farther into the wheel wells and I began to hear the
rubbing during parking at full lock. I think if I shorten the brackets a bit I
can eliminate the rubbing but haven't got around to it yet.

Cheers

Rick Swain