Re: [Healeys] Indicator (parking & signal) lamps

To: <Warthodson@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Indicator (parking & signal) lamps
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:33:19 -0500
Hi Gary,
For a Phase 1 the earlier side light boots are correct. I think you will
find that yours have expanded over the years and that the shorter ones will
fit fine.
As I recall the earlier cars used springs under the contacts of the sockets
but the later ones used rubber tubes to provide the contact pressure. The
ones with the rubber tubes, i.e. not the earlier spring types, would be most
correct for a Phase 1 BJ8.
I probably have some original clear glass lenses but I don't recall their
having LUCAS cast into them.

Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)