Re: [Healeys] Insulation advice: Fibrefax, Dynamat or both?

To: "William Berg" <williamsantiks@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Insulation advice: Fibrefax, Dynamat or both?
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:08:20 -0500
Hey William,

     First off didn't some type of underlayment felt come with your carpet
set?    In some areas  in our cars  Less is More.    If you layer the floors
and other misc. panels too much then the fitment becomes a problem.    The
trany tunnel won't lay down right,   the seats won't move back and forth
properly,  etc.
      Sounds to me like you have the non adhesive type of Dynamat which is
different than the Dynamat Extreme ( foil backed, tarry stuff)  that is self
adhesive and only about an eighth of an inch thick so it fits fairly well
under other underlayment.
      I'm not familiar with the Fiberfax material but would venture to say
that using ONE of your products would  do the job.   If you pile stuff up
too much it would be like driving around in a pillow on wheels,  however
that would be perfect for most of our wives I'm sure.

Mark