Re: [Healeys] Rear End Alignment

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear End Alignment
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 23:12:23 -0800
   Thanks, Alan.
   Is  there  any  way to tell for sure, short of pulling the springs and
   shackles?
   bs
   Alan Seigrist wrote:

   Bob -

   I  suspect  your  shackle  / spring bushes are worn.  Not an easy fix,
   unfortunately.

   Alan

   On Dec 27, 2007 8:27 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:

     Folks,
     When  I  make a hard left turn, my right rear tire rubs against the
     bolts
     securing  the rebound bumper box (on the inside of the wheel well).
       I'm
     running  Vredestein Sprint Classic 185/70R15 tires--a bit oversized
     but
     not outrageous.  Anyway, it appears the rear axle is skewed towards
     the
     driver's side.
     I  don't  suppose there's any way to adjust the rear axle placement
     WRT
     the chassis?
     bs