Re: [Healeys] Insurance

To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Insurance
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:33:19 -0800
Gary -

Yes, definitely.

I live overseas and Hagerty makes it impossible for me to use them because,
with me as non resident, I don't have enough every-day driver cars sitting
in the garage for every "licensed driver" in the house.  Well, I would just
like to find a way to insure my Healey - I drive it a couple times a year
when I am back in California.

I would imagine there are alot of people in my shoes - guys who work
overseas and make good money (or serving in the military) and as a result we
only have only one or two cars here back home.  None of us will fit the
adjustor's criteria of one daily driver car per licensed driver in the
house, yet none of us actually drive the cars.  We would be the ideal client
to have.

Can you ask him if I can establish that I don't live in the US, that they
will insure my vehicle in California?  I've been paying State Farm close to
$2,000 a year for insurance on my Healey and in 20 years I've never had a
claim.  It's really not very fair if you ask me.  I would really like to use
Hagerty or a comperable if I can.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1