Re: [Healeys] 3000 brake fluid resevoir

To: "John Loftus" <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 3000 brake fluid resevoir
From: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:23:02 -0800
3/4 inch socket is the one, I found out.
On the reservoir paint, my powder coater said that his standard powder
coat wasn't good enough for brake fluid. He will use an epoxy paint.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8

""I remember this requiring a thin wall socket. I suggest you take the
reservoir with you to the tool store to find a socket that will work.

If you are planning to use Dot 3/4 fluid, paint the reservoir with a
catalyzed paint. Most (if not all) of the rattle can paints will lift
with exposure to glycol brake fluid. I tested a panel sprayed with PPG
Acrylic Urethane single stage with Castrol LMA fluid and it had no
affect on the paint after 3 days.""