Re: [Healeys] 1000 miles in a Morris Oxford NOT HEALEY

To: "'Alan Seigrist'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "'Jerry Costanzo'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 1000 miles in a Morris Oxford NOT HEALEY
From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:26:18 +1100
G'day Alan

The thought of going even 5 miles in a Hindustan Ambassador gives me the
willies. However I know of a Healey Tickford in New Delhi that would be a
lot more fun.

Some years back there was a round of the World Rally Championship in India.
Phillip Young who went on to organise such major events as the Peking to
Paris entered a rally prepared 3000.

He was up against modern rally cars but the bulk of the rally was at high
altitudes and as you could imagine appeared to be all up hill. Guess what
car was leading the rally?

Yes it was the privately entered 3000 out in front of all the factory teams.
It looked as if it would win until it broke its suspension. Sad!

Phillip was publishing his own magazine at the time (Sporting Cars???) and
the photos of the car flying up the mountains were magnificent.

There were bloody Hindustan Ambassadors all over the place.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia