[Healeys] FW: hydraulic clutch question

To: Healeys Newsgroup <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] FW: hydraulic clutch question
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:52:39 -0800
To Earl Kagna:
I attempted replying to your email address but the message was returned with
errors. Sorry to bomb the list.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA

----------
From: Steve B. Gerow <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:26:50 -0800
To: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] hydraulic clutch question

Nothing as specific as I was looking for.

In the mean time I set up the bell housing on the bench with elevated
flywheel and clutch with disc in place.

I'm thinking the pushrod length should be such that the slave piston is
about 1/3 of the way out from the fully retracted position. That way, as the
clutch disc wears there will be room for the piston to be pushed further
into the bore by the clutch interface moving outward.

In fact I'd decided to build an adjustable pushrod.

I now believe my old clutch was slipping because my pushrod was too long and
as the disc wore, less and less pressure was exerted on the disc by the
springs of the clutch.

If that all makes sense :-)
--
Steve Gerow