Re: [Healeys] NOJ391

To: <Warthodson@aol.com>, <wilko2@cox.net>, <Editorgary@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] NOJ391
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:17:42 -0600
There's no dispute regarding ownership, I own it. It is copyrighted with the
Library of Congress.

The dispute was that Fred Hunter's estate chose to use the video without
permission in order to auction the car. They placed a variety of clips on
their website without permission or credit. The video was used to
substantiate the claims of its identity, and to significantly increase its
value.

In the two releases of the video, "Just In Time" (VHS after Geoff Healey's
passing, and DVD after Roger Menadue's passing) all the proceeds were given
to charities, among them The Royal National Lifeboat Institute, per Margot's
request, along with Bill Bolton's Geoff Healey Memorial in Corvalis, OR. So,
I ate all the production, duplication, labeling, and mailing costs, and
donated every dime to charity in honor of my friends Geoff & Roger.

In a letter, dated March 10, 1994, Geoff Healey wrote to me, "Fred (Hunter )
ought to give you (me) a large bag of gold for this production as it has
probably increased the value of his car by many thousand dollars". The
average price of a 100 S can vary quite a bit, due to condition and history,
but it's clear that by documenting the rediscovery of NOJ 391 underneath the
identity of Fred's 100S took it from a $150,000 car, to the $400,000 it sold
for.

All I asked for of Fred's estate  as the legal owner of the footage , was a
small amount of money, and to have the video credited on their website. I
would have donated the bulk of it to charity again, after, at best,
recouping some of my costs over the years. They are not honorable people,
and refused to comply. I still retain the right to sue them for their
illegal use and gain as a result of using it. and one of these mornings
might wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and do so.

WST