[Healeys] strip / dip/ sandblast

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] strip / dip/ sandblast
From: Carroll A Phillips <bjcap@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:42:49 -0500
Personally I would chemically strip the exterior of chassis, sandbast only
rustred areas. lightyhand sand (220 grit)or cup wheel the rest. Epoxy coat
chassis and paint desired topcoat.
If you have abilities and time this is the best way to preserve the small
pressing/welding/spotwelding details which should show up on a properly
finished frame.
Sorry ,do not like POR 15 and the fact that you need another primer coat
then color coat on top of that. Way too much material going down, and if you
brush on the stuff it looks terrible.

Only my 2 cents worth , just tryin to preserve them as they were built,
think of the poor guy who will have to remove this stuff on the next resto.

Clean original bare metal done correctly looks absolutely  beautiful in the
engine bay and really sets the tone for the rest of the car. you know its
done right.

Carroll Phillips
Top Down Restorations