[Healeys] New Castrol 20W-50 oil

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] New Castrol 20W-50 oil
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:14:29 EST
I just got this information from the MG Vintage Racing mail list, relative to
our discussions last week. Once again, passing this on does not in any way
constitute an endorsement for Castrol or this oil, nor does it imply that this
oil is preferable to any other oil available on the market from auto parts
stores or on special order from special brand resellers. So, please don't shoot
the messenger or post an email suggesting I once again read old articles posted
on the web about oil viscosities and additives.

 B B  1/23/08
I contacted Castrol concerning their new motor oil for "Classic Cars" with
higher zinc levels, and received the following response yesterday.B  I thought
you might be interested in their reply.B  Also in talking with a Castrol
representative, they said that this is a new oil from themB and if you local
Castrol
Oil supply store does not have it yet - or is even un-aware of it yet -B you
should request that they order some.B  The new containerB has printed on itB
"For
Classic Cars"
 Greg Prehodka
 MGVR Publicity

 Thank you for contacting Castrol,
 Castrol is aware of articles in enthusiast magazines andB web-sites, as well
as after-marketB parts manufacturerB discussions concerning GF-4B engine oils
and
cam-shaftB durability issues inB older performance vehicles.B Some
consumersB suspect the lower level of ZDDPB inB GF-4 oils mayB beB causing
these
failures.B B Castrol is currently investigating this issue.
 For those consumers that wishB not to useB a GF-4 oil in these vehicles,
Castrol does offer the following products that contain Zinc at a level that
isB typical of theB Zinc level found in oils (API SG)B marketed during the
"muscle car"
era of time:

 The following Castrol products have Zinc levels that areB typical of API
SGB oil:

 1.B  Castrol Syntec 20W-50 (*NEWLY FORMULATED classic oil formula b see link
to websiteB B B B B  below for information on our new 20W-50 product)

Cheers
Gary