Re: [Healeys] Carpet set for BN2

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carpet set for BN2
From: "Paul Barnes" <fiat500f@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 00:15:53 -0500
Do NOT buy your carpet from Heritage!  It is the absolute worst.  Padding
kit made wrong,  Padding kit pieces didn't fit.  Carpet pieces made wrong.
Carpet pieces didn't fit.  Not one of them!  Karvel OEM type carpet is the
WORST carpet I've ever seen,  period.  Some pieces were WAY too big.  OK, I
can cut them to fit, but I thought I was buying a kit that DID fit.
Otherwise, why buy a kit anyway?  Why not just buy bulk carpet and cut it
yourself?  Some pieces were too small.  "No", they said, "we can't send you
a correct sized piece, we only sell kits."  The only way they said they
could help me was to send a piece of carpet of roughly the right dimensions
so I could cut out the pieces I needed.  For $50.00.  It arrives, and it's
$120.00 because "the boss said I could only send a full yard."  So I paid
$120.00 to buy carpet to make pieces that they supplied wrong.  And
apparently the boss has no real interest in correcting his patterns, so, the
next guy gets the same problem.  Oh, and the Karvel comes apart when you
glue it, so, you get to glue every carpet piece down TWICE.  Overall time to
get the padding pieces sent out correct and the carpet pieces out correct -
MONTHS.  Total garbage.

Paul Barnes
'54 AH100-4 BN1 (friends)