Re: [Healeys] Quick Question - Square Body Fuel Pump / conversiont

To: bispmotala <bispmotala@hotmail.com>, 'John Vrugtman'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Quick Question - Square Body Fuel Pump / conversiont
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 09:34:38 -0800
Alan:

If there is a 'thing' under the bakelite cover, and it is a capacitor (as it
most likely is), the pump can be connected either POS or NEG ground.  If
perchance someone has installed a diode as the arc suppression device, the
pump will be polarity sensitive.  You would then have to reverse the diode
connections in the pump in order to reverse the car's polarity and still use
that pump.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb