Re: [Healeys] Mirrors and smoke and etc

To: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mirrors and smoke and etc
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:06:41 +0800
Joe -

Rest assured, the tradition of "always look forward and never look behind"
is alive and well in Vietnam, the Philippines, India in China.  In the case
of India you're not supposed to stop even if you run over something and it
is tumbling behind your car.  If you happen to hit something in front of
you, you also keep driving but at least you shrug your shoulders, smile and
wave, it is the way of the subcontinent.

The problem is when I then drive in OZ, every Aussie thinks I'm a rude
bastard because I don't stop the car at every zebrastripe making sure there
isn't some old lady somewhere within a city block of the crosswalk who is
thinking of crossing the road at sometime in the next 10 minutes and I'm
supposed to wait for her to cross.

Best Regards,

Alan