[Healeys] Austin Healey Chassis Frame

To: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Austin Healey Chassis Frame
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:11:56 -0500 (EST)
On Saturday, I posted a response to Michael Giroux who needed to locate
mounting holes in his BT7 frame.  Attached to that response was an attachment
of a chassis frame diagram.  Since then, a number of Listers requested a copy.

  The diagram is based on a picture downloaded off Larry Varley's website and
then cleaned-up and enhanced for clarification purposes.  To simplify things, I
sent a request to our club's webmistress to have the revised diagram put on
the Austin Healey Club of Southern Ontario website.  It is now available at
http://www.ahcso.com/TechTalk/TechTalk.htm

  The file 100-6_3000ChassisDesign.doc  is a MSWord document of 2500kb, with
an embedded jpeg diagram and notations, on a legal size page [8 = x 14] with
a landscape orientation.  If enlarged to 350% and all the fine detail will be
quite readable.

  The original picture downloaded in 2002 is about 54 x 33 at 297 pixels/in.
Needless to say, it was a considerable size.  It can be seen at
http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/healeydraw.html in a tiff format along with a
number of other drawings from the Donald Healey Motor Company and Austin
Manufacturing.  These were provided to Larry Varley by Greg Kilmartin and Chris
Harding.

  Anyway, there it is.  Oh yes, I see my revised version more as art work
than a working diagram.  If you wish to use it to as a working diagram, be sure
to check it against the diagram and measurements shown in your workshop manual.
 There, that should take care of any liability issues. J

  Enjoy!!  --Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives