[Healeys] re Old gasoline

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] re Old gasoline
From: Carroll A Phillips <bjcap@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:45:12 -0500
Rich,

I sometimes get the cars like you have, I save it in a good gas can and use
it to clean parts with,works especially well with old greasy stuff. I use a
large plastic pan like an oil change pan and let the stuff evaporate
(outside) after Im done, ( you dont need to swim in the stuff to use it) so
a little goes a long way. Look at it this way, if you can safely work with
it, i.e. not near your furnace, sparks ect.( im saying that for the benefit
of all)  its a cheap way of degreasing, and old gas is kinda nicer to the
nose than some degreasing chemicals in spray cans.

My 2 cents worth

Carroll Phillips    Top Down Resto