[Healeys] AH 100 Front & Rear Suspension

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] AH 100 Front & Rear Suspension
From: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:27:30 +0100
Hello there,

I think I have managed to take the front suspension apart and clean it. It
looks somewhat like this:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Volvo1800S/HealeySuspension
(the right side at least)

The suspension was still on the original bushes I believe:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Volvo1800S/HealeyDismantling/photo#5163589772396
868226
made by METALPLASTIK....

I will be getting soon to the rear suspension.

I have a few questions though:

1. There seem to be kingpin kits available on the market - are they all the
same? I plan to get it from AH Spares, but wonder if it's ok...

2. What was the paint used on:
- suspension parts
- shock absorber arms

Was it powder coat? Gloss? Semigloss?

3. The nuts and bolts - were they silver cadmium plated?

4. Is there any way to take out the brake adjusters in the front? (I would
give them for plating, but I am not sure I there is an easy way to take them
off...)

5. I do not have any workshop here that would have the correct reamer for
Austin Healey suspension.. What are the correct dimensions for reaming top
and bottom bush? Or maybe someone has a reamer somewhere being useless?? :-)

And now for the rear suspension:

6. Does anyone have a picture of original (or restored as original) picture
of rear suspension and brake parts?

7. How were the leaf springs treated in the rear?

That's all I can think of for now.... Many thanks for all help..

Tadek