Re: [Healeys] Driving to San Diego

To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Driving to San Diego
From: Rick Snover <ricksnover@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:52:15 -0800
The last few times I've gone to or from Santa Barbara from here, we
went up I-5 to I-405 (or the Toll Road, I forget the number), to
Santa Monica and US 101. Depending on the time of day, the traffic
can be not too insane. Late morning to early afternoon is usually
decent, but it'll probably be pretty hot. Traffic can be almost
pleasant from late-late at night to early-early in the morning, and
it'll be cooler.

Again depending on the time of day, I-15 and I-215 can both be real
zoos, too. At that time of year, that entire route can be REALLY hot all day.

I haven't taken Hwy 1 all the way through the LA & Orange county
beach communities, but it looks like it would entail a lot of city
driving, with lots of stop and go, and not always straight through.
(i.e., You may needt to keep an eye out for signs to stay on route
1.) It will be significantly cooler along the coast than on either of
the freeway routes. You will eventually have to get onto I-5 to get
through Camp Pendleton. (Hwy 1 doesn't go through.)