Re: [Healeys] Changing gearbox oil

To: "Jaap Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Changing gearbox oil
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:38:20 +0800
Jack -

Yes, just open the tunnel cover hole and pull the dipstick out.  That's how
you fill up the Gearbox.  If the dipstick is stuck in there, you usually can
get a big flathead screwdriver in through the dipstick handle and it'll pop
right out with just a little leverage.

By the way, looked at some of your pictures and I liked the comment about
the "American way to fill a hole" on the fender sheet metal.  You have no
idea how true that is.  I am pretty sure my body man found spare newspapers
shoved in a hole in the shroud when he painted my car 15 years ago.

Best Regards,

Alan