Re: [Healeys] Just got the BMIHT certificate for my BN2

To: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Just got the BMIHT certificate for my BN2
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:45:48 -0500
Tadek,

Please send me the rest of the info from the BMIHT certificate, such as
build date, etc.

The Old English White over Black paint scheme with black interior trim was a
very common colour scheme for these cars beginning about first of January
1956.

Hambro Trading of USA was the big importer at the time of the Austin Healey
cars and parts. In fact U.S. advertising of the time lists Hambro as the
importer and distributor.

A "laminated" windscreen glass is the term for saftey glass. It consists of
a lamination of glass inside and out with a lamination of thin clear
celluloid sandwiched in the middle. When broken, the celluloid lamination
held the glass together instead of it shattering into dangerous slivers or
shards of glass.

I have a car in the shop right now with original 1953 Triplex laminated
safety glass, that has slight amber discolouring visible around the outer
perimeter of the glass. It's caused by the gradual discolouring of the
celluloid.