[Healeys] Fraud deals

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Fraud deals
From: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:18:15 +0100
Well,

There is the other type of a deal you can come across.
Try this one from Australia:
http://www.oldcars.com/car2040.html
(There were more adds of the car, even on Hemmings.)

You are welcome to drop him a mail if the Healey is still available.. ;-)

I almost prepaid the car. Thank God, some very decent being in Australia who
was to ship the car to Europe sobered me up.

The guy even presented a Title for the car.. Once I had it, I learned there
are no Titles in Australia for cars..

Fun Story. :-) And scary too...

The reality was:
1. The 'seller' was living in Indonesia
2. The car was definitely not in his possession
3. Although the address for 25% down payment was in Australia, the bank
account was in Indonesia.

BTW, the car # was BN2L229674, black. I wonder who the real owner is.. The
car is not listed in J Harper registry.

Tadek