Re: [Healeys] 100 fuel pump

To: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 fuel pump
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:09:07 +0800
Tadek -

Over the last 40 years, there have been several manufacturers (a couple in
Australia and a couple in West Germany) that have made their own versions of
the SU pumps as aftermarket replacements for the OEM SU pump.  It appears to
me that you have one of those pumps.

In all likelyhood the pump should work just fine, and in some cases these
aftermarket pumps are actually better quality than the SU pumps.  If it
bolts up to your car, it is an aftermaket replacement pump.

One thing to note, however, is the fittings on your pump are different,
possibly if you unscrew the fittings out of the pump it will work with your
standard SU fittings.  Either way, check it first to see if it is running
before you decide to try to mount it up.

Best Regards,

Alan

--
Alan