[Healeys] Healey Smitty 5 speed

To: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Healey Smitty 5 speed
From: Dean Caccavo <healeybn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 07:22:32 -0800 (PST)
Charlie,

I had Chutch Net build my disk. You can specify the
diameter and spline offset then pick from several hubs
and friction materials.  I have had my Smitty kit
installed for almost 8 years now.  I drive the car
hard.  I burned the standard Toyota disk (slight
slipping under hard 1-2,2-3 shifts.  Had to resurface
the flywheel and installed a new pressure plate.

Happened again.

In discussions with Smitty, he had a custom clutch
built that was larger and thicker.  Unfortunatly the
hub spring plate fractured... I eventually understood
that I needed to get my own clutch built and contacted
Clutchnet. They are fast and inexpensive.  It is just
a little hard to communicate with them.  Call them.
Write down exactly what you want, then put your old
disk and the instructions in the mail.  In less then a
week you new disk will arrive.  Be clear.

I also used them for my Lotus (Zetec/Renault
transaxle), and they had the unusual Renault splined
hub in stock.  I was amazed.

Their contact info is found at clutchnet.com.

Dean Healey BN7 (installing new master cylinders and
carb jet diaphrams today)