Re: [Healeys] Carburetor cleaning and re-oiling

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carburetor cleaning and re-oiling
From: Dave Russell <rusd@sitestar.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 16:33:49 -0700
I agree with Alan. Oil will not fix the problem. The damper/oil only
controls the rate of damper rise not the fall.  SAE 20 oil is normally used.

The HD8 has a somewhat different main jet assembly which is attached to
a diaphragm & must be centered  differently than the other carbs.

The best instruction for the HD8 is here:
http://www.hazelden.ca/austinhealey/ServiceSheetAUC9622B/ServiceSheetAUC9622B_Page5.html

Also, a bent damper rod could prevent the piston from dropping quickly.
As could interchanging the pistons between carbs.

Dave Russell