Re: [Healeys] Healey Books

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Books
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 18:18:36 EST
For restoration purposes, in addition to the other books mentioned, an
absolute essential is the "Service Parts List" (often called the "parts
manual") for
your model, in an edition released after the build date of your car, so that
it will show any parts that were changed from the beginning of production to
the point where your car was built. It is very useful to confirm change points,
and the diagrams are excellent in the lists for the later models (the early
parts lists didn't have diagrams.)
These originally were the loose-leaf "catalogs" that were sent to the dealers
when each model was introduced, from which they would get the part numbers to
order replacement parts. As running changes were made in the model, new or
replacement pages were sent out to be inserted in the notebook. If I'm not
mistaken, Jerry Wall of the AHCUSA has for sale photocopies of the last version
of
each parts list, and I recall hearing that someone had put them up on cds or
dvds.
Cheers
Gary Anderson