[Healeys] window wiper motor

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] window wiper motor
From: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:50:34 -0700
Well,  I had fun this weekend.  I noted that the window wiper motors that came
with the car (yes, two of them) were quite dirty and sounding like they were
scratching something on the inside.  I tested both of them, one is an earlier
model, and one that is for my BJ8.  They both ran.  I then took apart the BJ8
and cleaned it but it would not run after I put it back together.   So I took
it apart again and cleaned some more.  Took all the old grease out and
replaced it.  Now it runs!   I ran it off a battery charge for 29 min at a 2
amp rate.   It shut down at 29 min and was very warm.  I was wondering if once
it got warm, it started needed more than the 2amps.  The book says it takes
2-3.2 amps.   I hope not to drive in the rain but I think the wipers should
last at least 30-45 minutes just in case.  Once it cools a little, the unit
starts back up just fine.

Jerry
BJ8