[Healeys] Re-Surfacing a BJ8 Flywheel

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Re-Surfacing a BJ8 Flywheel
From: "Doug Newton" <dougnewton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:50:43 -0500
Hello List- I have a '65 BJ8 and I have some questions regarding the
resurfacing the flywheel:

1.      I have no idea if my flywheel has been resurfaced before or not, so
does anyone know the original thickness of the flywheel in the area to be
resurfaced?
2.      What is the minimum/safe thickness that is acceptable for use (if my
flywheel has been resurfaced)?
3.      How can you tell if your flywheel needs resurfacing?
4.      Is this a job that most engine machine shops should be able to do?

Regards- Doug