[Healeys] Final word on "LWB"

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Final word on "LWB"
From: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 7:47:42 -0400
Hello, Healeyphiles -

Thanks to UK lister Andy Pole, who contacted Richard Brotherton at BMIHT, we
can close the loop on "LWB" and put it to rest -- at least for now.  As you
will remember from our last exciting episode, the BMIHT certificate for
HBJ8L/32453 had the notation LWB just to the right of, and on the same line, as
the usual Car/chassis number.  I inquired on the list whether anyone knew what
this meant, or perhaps also had a certificate with the same notation.  No one
had any definite knowledge of the meaning or reported a similar notation.

Richard Brotherton says that the certificate was issued in 1997 before PCs were
used at BMIHT to contain the records database, so he was unable to check the
original certificate.  However, he did thoroughly examine the build records for
the car and could find no such notation, or any indication what it may have
meant when the certificate was produced.   His opinion was that it was merely a
mistake, although I find that a bit hard to accept.  Since Anders Clausager
signed the certificate, perhaps only he might know for sure.

The car is currently advertised for sale in Austria, is said to have had only
one owner (not the one named on the cert as the Personal Export Delivery
recipient)and has lived in Italy since 1989.

Happy Healeying!

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry