[Healeys] FW: BUD THE COWBOY, a friday funny

To: healey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] FW: BUD THE COWBOY, a friday funny
From: <insptwo@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:28:08 -0400
A  cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in
California when suddenly a brand-new BMW  advanced out of a dust cloud towards
him.The driver, a young man in a  Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses
and YSL tie, leans out the window  and asks the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly
how many cows and calves you have in  your herd, Will you give me a calf?"Bud
looks at the man, obviously a  yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing
herd and calmly answers, "Sure, Why  not?"The yuppie parks his car, whips out
his Dell notebook computer,  connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone,
and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to
get an exact fix on his location  which he then feeds to another NASA
satellite that scans the area in an  ultra-high-resolution photo.The young man
then opens th e digital photo  in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image
processing facility in Hamburg ,  Germany ..Within seconds, he receives an
email on his Palm Pilot that  the image has been processed and the data
stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel
spreadsheet with email on his  Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a
response.Finally, he  prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech,
miniaturized HP  LaserJet printer and finally turns to the cowboy and says,
"You have exactly  1,586 cows and calves.""That's right. Well, I guess you can
take one of  my calves," says Bud.He watches the young man select one of the
animals  and looks on in amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk
of his  car.Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly
what  your business is, will you give me back my calf?"The young man thinks
about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?""You're a  Congressman
for the U.S. Government", says Bud."Wow! That's correct, "  says the yuppie,
"but how did you guess that?""No guessing required."  answered the cowboy.
"You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want  to get paid for
an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You tried  to show me
how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a damn thing about
cows...this is a herd of sheep.. . "Now give me back my damn dog!!"