Re: [Healeys] BN1 vs BN2 Front Fenders

To: Curt/Nancy Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 vs BN2 Front Fenders
From: "Mr. Bill" <BN1@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:40:20 -0700
Hi Curt and List,

Actually, I have never had a problem even though I have the smallest
openings.  Just do your research first.  I'm running Dunlop 205/65/15's
on Dunlop 6" stainless/chrome 72's.  They stick outside the openings and
with aggressive driving and body roll, you are sure to catch the wing in
the tread and tuck it under.  I've seen it done on a '62 BT7.  (Big
openings!)  That was my research :-)  I ran a 5/8" sway bar without
touching, but now have a 7/8".  The front stays absolutely flat although
I don't slalom or drive balls out much any more.  I have way too much
invested in the paint job to take a chance.

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1 #663